September 08, 2010

Voices in my head

I am into mommy blogs these days. There are tons and tons of them talking about pee, poop, feeds, midnight wakings, terrible two's, terrible three's, terrible fours etc etc....you get the idea!
And I am desperate to join them. What if lil N feels left out when he grows up? All his buddies will have mommy bloggers while his mommy does not blog! Oh my! I think.
And then I keep wondering how long the "www" will last? Maybe I should start keeping a journal on my laptop? But eh who will comment? Isn't blogging all about getting feedback? Camon! Accept it!
I am an Asst Prof now. So I should not be blogging. Why not? I am sure there are 1000's of them doing just that.
Stop the voices in my head! My hands cannot furiously type what they are thinking!
Student life was so much fun. And now here I am sitting all alone in my big office. Watching the FOB desi students walk by asking for assistantships. No, ma I don't have any I say. If I had one, I may not give it to you because I know exactly how I "worked" when I was given one. Sitting in the lab till midnight every day, appearing to be working while I ended up watching movies on Tamil grounds. You are not going to be doing that in my lab I think. But my heart does go out to them but my mind stops be from being impractical. (I am a good person, don't judge me by this!)
I want to go home and take a nap. Oh no, I forget I can't do that! Because there is a lil devil who will jump on me as soon as I go home and hug me and will not let me go. A tremendous pleasure I tell you on 99% of the days. but on days like today all I want to do is go home and sleep. Maybe I can nap in my office and no one will know? What if the desi student walks in?
I think I better get back to preparing my lecture. That's the only way to put these voices to rest. So long!

2 comments:

logic said...

Hi how are u am back after a long time please drop by

logic said...

Congrats On the baby and assnt proff wow