February 13, 2006

Valentine's day

Ok....come on now there should definetely be a post for this day right? But what do I write about....love? what I want for V day? What I am giving ? Or what my best V day has been so far??? hmm......
Anways this day always reminds of my first V day when I was in college...I am getting ready to go college and Amma says - "Di do not accept any card or gifts from anybody in college."
Me (acting innocent) - " Chee ma how can u say that? Na poi kanda pasanga kiitenthu card vaangu venna?
Amma (suspicious) -" Therinja pasanga kittenthum vaangatha...!"
Me (exasperated) - "Seri ma ippo aala vidaraiya!!" and escape....
Makes me smile everytime I remember this.......
Seri seri enuf of mothers on V Day!

First year - We all (boys and gals) decided to do a mass celebration of V day; girls tied red satin ribbons on their hair to mark the occassion and then we all went and had Kwality Ice cream.
Second year - 'He' convinced me that friends could celebrate V day too...so he gave me 2 audio cassesttes called 'Love Blossoms' (hindi collection) .....Onnume puriytha mathiri I took it home!
Third year - We mututally exchanged "friendship" gifts on Valentine's Day !
Fourth year - Totall lovey dovey exchange of 'I love u sooooo much' cards and heart shaoed gifts......
And so on goes our story....
Now after our marriage.......
Me - " What are you getting me for V day?"
He - " Enna venumo nee ye solidu...appram ithu athu nu crib pannatha"
Me - " I think V Day is being over rated these days and also I have decided to save money this year..so let's get something cheap for each other!"
He - "Hmm...nee ippdai than solluva appram na cheapa ethavathu vaanginena nee kochupa!"
and so went our conversations......let's see what V day brings!!!

But all said and done........."Honey, U r the best Valentine I can ever get!"


8 comments:

neighbour said...

kalakalaanae kirukalgal...

Indhu unmaiyualayae nadandha sambavangala? illai...
"indha kadhaiyil varum kadhaa paathirangal anaithum karpanaiyaeenu"
disclaimer ethavadhu irukungalaaa....

Hope everything what ever you wished will be yours on this V day?.

Neega Ph.D panarathaa poturukeengalae adhu yellam romba kastamulaaa...

Kirukal said...

@ Neighbour,
Nejama illa karpanaiya? I shall leave u guessing :) [but amma part 100% unmmai!]
Intha kaalathula yaar venaa PhD pannalam...enna oru 5 or 6 years grad studenta irruka thayaara irrukanum!!!!

logic said...

hey kirukal..
OMG i had saved a blog in the same lines my past 6 yrs of valentines day..
cant publish it now..:-(

good one..i guess this to be u r true life exp..but not the marriage part..am i right!!

Smal request:
apparom intha word verification therapya konjam remove panna nallairukum..atha pathu adkarathukulla enn laptop power thenthu pochu..

kuttichuvaru said...

tat was very sweet!!! ungala maathiri neraiya makkal solratha paarthaa kalyaanam kasakkum pola irukke?!?!

Kavitha Jay said...

hehe..that was sweet...nanum than ya university la paddikkren..till now i dont even know who gives me cards on valentines day..cuz here they do it secretly.perra mattum yezhudave mattanga a..cha..atleast if i knew who is giving it i will proceed something...yenna panradhu.yennakku koduthu vechadhu avalo than :)

Kirukal said...

@ Logic
You shld publish your 6 year VDay timeline...I would love to know what experiences others had!
Will remove word verfication soon but I keep getting spams if I do...

@ Ammu,
Welcome Ammu! Kalakalaana kavithai! And it very true!

@ Kuttichuvaru,
According to me kalyanam is a whole different joy ride than the kaadhal phase......can be bumpy but then how will you appreciate the smoothness unless you travel the bumps first? (philosophy-ku mannikavum!)

@ Mystery,
Enna ungalukku ekachekka secret admirers pola irruku? Enakku porammaiya irruku!!!! Inniku ethanai cards kadachithu????

Kavitha Jay said...

aiyo..secret admirers lam illa pa...ennakku enna doubt na..cards kudukaravanga ponna illa payana..lol..
pasangla iridhal paravala..anna ponnungana adhu vera maari ayidum.:)..

logic said...

kirukal to u r comment on my page:

"Love which withstands the test of time and distance is for eternity! "

beautiful lines..absolutely true and very comforting..thanx