February 22, 2006

Why the outright kiss?

This is a parallel story to Logic’s ‘Outright Kiss’. Read this here first.

When Ramesh proposed to me, my first thoughts were about you. I rushed to you ….
"Vijay, you gotto tell da...else i wont accept him"’ I said.
I was hoping the answer would be "Vendam Kavi….I love you more…please be with me".
But you acted as if you did not care.
When Ramesh left Chennai, I turned to you again for everything. I was hoping our friendship would blossom into something more. I even mentioned that I did not love Ramesh anymore. Again you acted as if you did not care.
You came with me everywhere, support me in everything but nothing beyond that.
I wanted to show you I love you…..I even bunked my exams to take care of you……you thanked me like any other friend would have.
I was heart broken for days. How much more can a girl put herself out there?
Suddenly I received a letter from Ramesh saying that he is coming back and he wants to be with me again. He said he would make amendments for all the pain he caused me.
I was in a fix…..do I go back to the person who had the courage to say he loved me or do I hang around waiting for a person who never recognized my love?
"Let me invite him to airport with me and maybe the pressure will make him say something" I decided.
The plane from Zurich landed but so far nothing other than comments about passing women. I gave up!
In frustration and confusion I ran to Ramesh and kissed him then outrightly!
Serves you right, Vijay” I thought “for having made me believe that I am more than a friend to you but doing nothing about it.”

17 comments:

kuttichuvaru said...

tat was really a nice parallel frm the other story!! maybe tats wat a girl's mind thinks..... yaarukku theriyum??

"aarum athu aazham illa,
athu serum kadalum aazham illa,
aazham ethu ayya? antha pombala manasu thaan ya!!!"

Ramesh said...

good little thought to write a parallel to this story. and well written also

neighbour said...

Two perpective for a single out line...

"oru veedu iru vaasal"

Both of you clearly portrayed the feeling of a girl and guy respectively...

Once again it ends with the line "solladha kaadhal sorgathil kooda seradhu"

If any one of the two had the courage to propose then the story line is different.

logic said...

Kirukal.
“Serves you right, Vijay”
tht was a real kiss to ramesh and a virtual slap to Vijay.Wonderful.

U made it so much intersting.

the mutually exclusive events of it was captured well.
Clearly depicts me that we humans exhibit milions of flavours in perception.

The most important point that i wanted to convey was the difference between the physical contact of a girl between her lover and her male friend.

Kirukal said...

@ Kuttichuvaru,
I love that song!! Intha situationku nachunu irruku!!

@ramesh
Thanks!!

@ neighbour,
I would even take a step further to say that solladha kaadhal kaadhale illa! But these things are very circumstantial! so cannot blame someone for not telling their love.

@ logic,
thanks logic.....I shall address the physical contact thing in your blog.

vishy said...

Ur story clearly expresses the girls mind.. but don't you think the girl should have directly told him about her love...

"Vijay, you gotto tell da...else i wont accept him".

Instead of this " Vijay, he propsed da but I said no" appadi nu solli irundha.. Vijay would have not been confused ..or thought twice if he should propose to her.

Ramesh said...

I have written a different parallel. check it out.

KC! said...

naan finally kuzhambinadhudhan micham, enna Ramesh-dha idhuku munnadi padichen..rendu story-um logic-oda line-oda two different sides-a iruku..but a story well written, kudos!

Kavitha Jay said...

wow..this is really good...but she could have told him about her feelings too...adhu enna guys should always propose theory...?..in this 5 yrs she must have known about vijays character..only weakness..he cant express his feelings..pavum payan..:)

Kirukal said...

Vishy, Ammu and Mystery....
I agree if Kavya really likes him she should have told VJ. But the Kavya I created is not the type who likes to propose first....maybe she feels gulity about having said yes to Ramesh and now how can she propose to VJ? But she has showed her feelings in som many different ways to VJ...again how can VJ propose to someone to is engaged to another guy?
This is the confusion of life which many a time prevails in our mind....no decision is the right decision ; any decision is a wise action!

@ Usha...Thanks!

dakaltiz said...

Hey kiruks..
nice angle...but kavya virupam illama...vijay kaagave kiss adichaanu nenaikum pothu...konjam othuka mudile...
ponnunga apdi irupaangala?

n e ways ...I've got a ||l tooo..chk it out

BZ said...

Now, _this_ is more realistic :)

I know girls are capable of doing this :D

Kirukal said...

@ dakalitz...
I ferverently hope all girls are not that way but there are always outliers...I can very well see something happening like this in real life....frustration can lead u to do anything!

@ saranya kishor...
Glad u agree!!

Ajay said...

hi there,
came to ur blog from vishy..
that was a really neat parallel story..

Blogger Park said...

nice one..

ashok said...

good one...cheers

logic said...

Hi jsut remembered those days when we were at our high spirits in bloggin.this one is very good instance.

Good to see them back..cherish them..