February 15, 2006

What would you do if this were your last day on earth?

This question was asked by one of the charecters on Grey's Anatomy last week and this set me thinking. What would I want to do if this were my last day on earth? I am sure you will all agree that each one of us will have a list of philanthropic things to do.....hence I am going to narrow down the list (omiting things like give money to the needy, donate organs etc etc) and just tell you the things I would like to do.....
  • Stop research at the instant I hear that this is the last day and run out of my lab.....gathering my possessions from there
  • Ferverently beg God to give me more time to waste on this earth!
  • Withdraw the meagre savings from my bank and distribute it to my family, clear debts and keep some for me (to spend on my last day ofcourse!).
  • Talk to my parents explaining why I did certain things and ask for their forgiveness.
  • Tell my family how much I love them.
  • Tell my beloved how much I love him......
  • Buy gifts for him - one for each year that he will spend without me......
  • Tell a certain someone how much they mean to me.....ask them if I mean as much?
  • Eat bhelpuri......
  • Eat lots of other things...if I am going then why bother about calories???
  • Get together with friends and have a blast...
  • Try drinking, smoking etc since I have always wanted to try but never had the courage to do so.....
  • Watch 'Friends' for sometime
  • Spend the rest of whatever time is left at the beach.

What would you do if this were your last day on the earth?

(I do not want you thinking depressing thoughts but this does provide you a new prospective on life doesn't it?)

7 comments:

Kavitha Jay said...

-first 1 hour sit and cry..lol
-2nd hour- go tell my friends and relatives about it and cry more cuz i dont want to die:(
-rush to madras..(i can get tickets cuz that will be my last wish:)..)..ah damn that will take most of my time….so lets just stay here...
-hmm oh money..probably will give it to my sis or charity
-go beg my professor to put extra good marks on my report..so I have a good reputation even after I die…: )
-go to a chocolate factory.
-go burn my diary..so no one knows my secrets..hehe
-spend some quality time with my friends.
-watch alaipayuthe for the last time..then I will realize that I have wasted 3 hours..
-sit and think why I am dieing…and cry a bit more..
-go eat whatever I want(vada pav, cheese cake, noodles, icecream,biriyani etc etc)
-will call surya and talk to him…lol
-then finally will rest in my mom’s lap..
aiyo kadavle idhu nejama ayida koodathu..i am still young...:)

Kirukal said...

@ Mystery,
That's a do-able list!!! I wanted to go to Madras too but did not want to spend haggling with the ticket agents!!!
Sorry to have made you write such depressing thoughts! But that gives you a new prospect on life doesn't it?????

neighbour said...

If that happend to me at this time only one wish for me..

I will spend the day with my beloved ones...

ennakaa vazundhukondirukum
avalukkaga mattum oru naal vaazlunduvitu .. will got to eternity...

Kirukal said...

@ Neighbour.....
Touching!!!

@ Ammu.....
Make the soul happy!!!

logic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
logic said...

Am not able to answer anything..
i can call up india and speak with everyone for half a day..
apparom..roam around here...

Aiyoo vendam...

PS:my last blog i think u misunderstood the plot..

Deepti Ravi said...

makes you want to live life to the fullest every single day doesn't it?? Never really asked myself the question... : )